Table of Contents (Pages)

Monday, February 16, 2015

Chapter 7: Amorous Agreement

"Oh Marian!" Dakota shouted as he burst through the door, "I have a surprise for you!"


Marian looked up from her book.  She was seated at the table, and she did not look amused.

"Hey," Dakota said, "Can I sit?"

Marian looked away but nodded.

"I wanted to apologize.  I shouldn't have gotten angry with you before."

He looked away, "All I could see were the things I had done.  I wanted you to acknowledge how hard I was working for you.  When you would't... I got upset."


Dakota sighed and looked down, "I didn't listen to what you were saying.  I wanted to support you... but instead, I ended up isolating you.  Could you find it in your heart to forgive me?"


Dakota smiled impishly, "I guess I can take that as a yes?"

Marian blushed.

"There's one more thing.  That surprise I mentioned?"

"Really, Dakota, you didn't have to get me anything.  I forgive you.  And really, looking back on it, there are way worse character flaws than-"


"Oh!"  Marian's eyes went wide.

"Well," She smiled, "On one condition.  We're a team, you and I.  No more keeping things from each other.  We both work, together, to decide things.  Deal?"

"Deal," He smiled.






"That thing you told me... about how you were born Marian Baye but wanted to change your name and start your own family?"

"Mhm?"

"Can I take it, too?  May I be Dakota Sherwood?"





<- Previous Chapter                                                                                                                                                Next Chapter->

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! It makes me really happy. :3